Friday, December 21, 2007

Yes, I do happen to be wearing a Santa hat


Dear friend,
Christmas shopping on the Friday evening before Christmas is just. plain. nuts. Don't you agree? I was in Best Buy tonight. The crowds and traffic and horrible parking were made up for by the necessity of stifling squee-ful laughter. As my mother was asking a question about a printer (yes, we did buy it) this train of thought traveled the track of my mind: "Gee, it's like my mom is asking Will Scarlet about printers. Could this guy look any more like- Oh my word! I think I just saw Allan A'Dale!!!" and then I needed to keep myself from randomly cracking up in a crowded electronics store.
Yes, friend, I saw two guys in Best Buy who look like characters on BBC's Robin Hood. I wondered aloud to my mom if I might find Much in the blue shirt and khakis. I also said that if "Allan" said "I'm not trying to be funny, but-" I'd dissolve into a puddle of laughter. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have looked for Much in that store (for whom I have much love- ooh, bad pun, I apologize) but rather I should have combed the location for Guy of Gisborne. Now THAT would have been a find!
Eagerly awaiting Christmas. Love that I'm on vacation. Must go now, Patrick Stewart's version of A Christmas Carol is airing on TNT at this very moment!