Saturday, October 31, 2009

And away we go

Dear Friend,
As I announced on my facebook profile about two weeks ago, I'm doing National Novel Writing Month. Now, what that is, thousands of (lunatic) people are challenging themselves to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. You can start anytime after midnight November 1St and you need to finish before Midnight November 30Th. I can hear you thinking, "Do you win anything?" No, but you get a "novel" and a sense of accomplishment if you succeed. Again, you're asking, "Then why bother?" Because it's a challenge, that's why. And so many people have a goal to write a book that they're very likely to never get around to, and this is a way to just buckle down and do it! It's been going on for 10 years before now, and I'm joining in for year 11.
As I'm writing this, I have 45 minutes until midnight. I'm slightly concerned that as the clock strikes twelve I will feel all my ideas and plans rush out of my head, seemingly never to return. I have not outlined any of my plot. Frankly, all I have is a set of 4 characters (I need 6, so those other two better "show up" soon) and a few scenes that I'd like to write. I just need filler. I also need a title, but I suppose that will be easier to think up as the story goes along. At least, I hope it will.

If you want info, you can go to nanowrimo.org and check into all the madness.

Ha, last year I blogged about maybe joining in, but chickened out. This year I signed up before I could rethink it.

No comments: