Thursday, May 19, 2005

Order 66 is evil

66 is now the most evil number I know of.

That said, I went to a midnight showing of Star Wars Ep3 last night. What a once in your life experience. Between the excitement, the caffeine, the sugar and the atmosphere I felt like I was in a dream. A very surreal dream. I saw Darth Vader dancing with the most dorks I've ever seen assembled in one place, I also saw him hit a beach ball to a crowd of cheering fans in a movie theatre. I watched adorable little children fighting with lightsabres! I listened to a countdown from a very excited friend at the end of the aisle. I even saw a stupid trailer for "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl". I think that last thing was what made it so very odd, really. *wink*

I think what made it such a memorable night, in addition to the movie, was the conversations that we, as in our group, had. We were hyper, and talked about trivial stuff, but still, it felt like a bonding experience. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel closer to those friends now.

The movie itself... Oh my gosh. Quite literally, when I got out to the car, that was all I could say. "Oh my gosh." Once the end credits started going, I turned to my friend, to hear her reaction, but I got silence. I managed to say, "I don't know what to think." Because, frankly, when you've waited this long for a movie, and it's after 2 in the morning and you realize it's really over, you really, really don't know what to think.

The lasting impressions, that I remember now: the music was amazing. When the whole "Order 66" thing starts, the music just blows my mind. I've never been so close to crying in a Star Wars film before. Anakin is stupid, Obi-Wan is awesome. I have long been a fan of Obi-Wan. This film just cemented it. General Grievous disappointed me. I got tense during "The Duel", and Obi's words after it, well, they broke my heart.

So, overall, I think I got too wrapped up in this film. I will see it again, sometime soon I hope, and maybe my opinion will change, maybe it won't. I just know that this was an unforgettable night, and I will tell my grandchildren about it. *smile*

Till next I write!

No comments: