Saturday, March 25, 2006

Greetings to my non-existant readers. If you expected me to let the world know what was the outcome of my prayers and soul-searching, I'm sorry to disappoint. That, for now, is between me and God; not me, God and the internet.

Has anyone noticed that Jason Mraz makes the most beautiful "la-di-da" sounds that ever eminated from a human being? I think so anyway, I don't much like his lyrics, but if he put out a CD of just him making those sounds and playing giutar, I'd so buy it and play it to death. As it is, I'll just return his CD to the library after a couple of weeks and forget about him entirely. Sorry, Mraz.

I recently went a little nuts putting CDs on hold at my library. I had about 18 on hold, and recently discovered that you can only check out 10 at a time. Darn. Anyway, I gave Mraz a try, and Anna Nalick. I have Breathe (2 Am) from Itunes already, but since it was the only song of hers I'd heard, I figured I'd give Wreck of the Day a chance. The result is that I'm intrigued by Forever Love (Digame). Again, a cd that musically is beautiful, but lyrically I'm disappointed. I have a problem with music that is definitely and without a doubt not Christian. I dont' think there is any problem with that, my saviour, Jesus Christ, is everything to me, and I don't like things or people to deny him. It is, however, making it difficult to find thought-provoking music. Especially when most Christian music seems anything but thought-provoking to me, and it doesn't help that the local radio station plays some of my least favorite songs and artists incessantly.

I have decided that I find Superchick to be the Black Eyed Peas of the Christian music world. Insulting? Maybe, but it's how I feel. I don't like Superchick, and I don't like Black Eyed Peas. (My Humps is the most idiotic and insulting song I've heard in a long time) Think about it, though, they both have catchy music, that seems to do little more than loop around a certain phrase more than is necessary. You can listen without thinking.

I hope I don't sound stuck up. I own an A-Teens CD after all. I was a huge Backstreet Boys fan, and still have 3 of their CDs.

No comments: