Wednesday, July 26, 2006

That day has come!...... and passed

So, I've been waiting for a very loooooooooooooooooong time for "them" to put Animaniacs and/or Pinky and the Brain on DVD. Oh, joyous and happy day I had yesterday when I expactantly walked into my nearest Wal-Mart (soul-devouring pit that it is) and came out with the first 22 or so episodes of both neatly packaged on little discs. Well, that and bird toys and gum and Snoopy Come Home on DVD... never let me alone in a Wal-mart, ever.
I watched the first disc of P&tB last night, subjecting my father to a marathon of cartoons (Love ya' Dad!). I'm surprised I chose to watch the mice before the Warners, A! was my favorite in years past. But who knows why we do the things we do. If I begin to start randomly singing "Brain Stem, brain stem!" then I cannot be blamed, I adore Pinky. (Rob Paulsen..... you rock, is all I can say, sir, You Rock.)
I only watched the first episode of A! and the interview of various voices featurette (Rob Paulsen!!!) and am eagerly looking forward to the rest of all of them.

Now, what we need is Freakazoid on DVD, and my preteen years of cartoon veiwing will be complete. (I think, I can't remember what else I watched back then.)

So, my WB TV animation collection now has the Looney Tunes Golden Collections (not really TV, but oh well), Batman: The Animated Series, season 1 of Animaniacs, season 1 (sort of) for Pinky and the Brain, and season 1 of Batman Beyond. Yep, I want Freakazoid now.

On a completely different note: Benji should so win So You Think You Can Dance. I love that guy (in the exact same way I love Elliot Yamin, of course)! He's amazing!

~Till Next I Write!

No comments: