Friday, March 30, 2007

In the middle


I'm going through another of those times during which my life is just short of being awful. None of my problems are big enough to be "important" but nothing is right. All around me things seem so dissatisfactory and they all need just one thing to go horribly, horribly wrong. Then again, just one thing could go delightfully right. You never know which way things will turn, and the optimist in me believes that things will go wonderfully. When the pessimist in me gets a chance to speak (when she wiggles out of her gag, you know) she tells me life is on the verge of being over. That's when I hit her over the head with a happy club, tie her up and throw her in the closet again, but that little seed of doubt lingers. I hate little seeds of doubt.
At least these sorts of mood let me get the benefit of my non-happy music. I don't have much, but it's worthwhile to listen to in these "troubled times".
I wonder if I've always been so over dramatic.

In other news; two disgusting creepy crawlies have been in my bed at two different times. The first was an ugly, big beetle that greeted me first thing one morning. It was right in front of my face. Yuck.
The second was a spider that fell onto my arm at 2:30 am. It was small, black, and decidedly fast. Eww.
Surprisingly, I dealt with the spider much more easily than the beetle. After the beetle I was afraid to go into my room for the rest of the day. After the spider, I killed it, cleaned it up and went right back into my bed. I wasn't really tired, despite the late hour, but felt I should be sleeping anyway. Weird me.