Friday, March 07, 2008

Is Daniel Faraday the new Charlie?


Dear Friend,
I'm still loving this season of LOST. I especially liked the confusion ride that was "The Constant" with Desmond being unstuck in time and all. The phone call with Penny was touching and sweet. Des is still my favorite character, but Faraday is giving him a run for his money.
My affection for the physicist especially began to grow in "The Other Woman" when he looked so conflicted after Charlotte knocked Kate out. I actually thought "Awww, he's conflicted, and would probably be lost with C. S. Lewis there." I've no idea why the socially awkward academic type is so endearing on TV. They just are. Faraday is obviously sweet, and that's not usually a word I use to describe grown men.
Anyway, since my weekend started early, I used my extra couple of hours to read people's opinions of the character. I've seen the trend that Charlie Pace fans now like Faraday. A few went as far as to say that they bear a physical resemblance. That, however, I don't see. Perhaps they do, I don't know. I just know that I don't mind Charlie being dead so much now that I've got Danny boy. (Yes, I called him that, mentally of course, during the last episode.)
I'm amused that my favorite characters on this show all end up being vital to each other's story lines; first Charlie and Desmond, now Desmond and Daniel.
Maybe one of these days I'll post something of substance, but I haven't felt like it lately. I'm enjoying the fluff.