Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Feel like talking

I'm in a talky sort of mood. Just watched Lost and was creeped out by it. That dream of Claire's was just freaky, and I pray that I don't think of Locke's eyes just as I turn out my light to go to sleep. *Shudders* That alone is enough to cause a nightmare, without them throwing "Ethan" in at the last minute. Then everything in the middle. I'm a wimp. Yup, Lost freaks me out. Do not, repeat, do not let me watch horror movies.

I'm counting the number of times I hear Christmas songs on the radio. At work, our station is set to the only one playing Carols and things 24/7. I heard Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer four times today. I heard the Christmas song 6 times yesterday. It was a little hard to do today, since I was in and out of the room all morning, and a "serious" theological discussion made someone turn down the radio in the afternoon. That's ok, who wants to hear Rudolph more than four times in one day? I'll add it all up on Dec 31, I think, and see just how much Christmas music I hear in a month.

I do that sort of thing a lot. I count things. One time I counted how many times Emeril used his "phrases" in a week. I lost the results paper from that "study". I'm a geek, with weird interests and a desire to count things, what can I say?

Since work is moving to the new building at the end of this week, it's been crazy. I miss the students. They moved on Monday. Work seems all quiet without them. Besides, I've been wanting to ask someone in school a question. I suppose I could e-mail them, but I don't e-mail much and I don't want to seem nosy, or whatever. I'll probably end up not asking... oh well.

For the first time in a long time, it really feels like Christmas to me. We don't even have any decorations up yet, but I'm humming carols all over the place. I've bought one present that isn't even wrapped yet, but I'm in the Holiday mood. Weirdness of me.

I ate my last dessert in the house last night. Maybe I can search the cupboards for something to snack on. I should bake this weekend.

Till next I write!

No comments: