Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Writing just 'cuz I can!

I taught Ray the "I/Me" rule of grammar yesterday. I don't know if he quite got it, my explanation might not have been clear. It was just getting hard to listen to him say "I" when he should have said "Me" and I finally just corrected him. Ray really is a good friend, he's put up with me correcting his grammar for a long time now.

I've decided not to spend money for a month. I've got until May 15th and it seems to be taking a very long time. I, of course, will buy essentials, such as fuel, food and other odds and ends, such as contact lenses, that I need. I won't buy frivolous things like shoes (that I don't need, especially since all the ones I own now don't fit in my closet) clothes (likewise, don't all fit in my dresser) music (will fit in my ipod, but it isn't really necessary since I have 1,047 songs in it currently) or other junk. I'm mostly doing it to prove to myself that I can. I will not go on a spending spree immediately afterward, though. That would ruin the whole thing, what would be the point?

I love Elliot Yamin on American Idol. Seriously, I love the man. In the way that I love a person whom I see on TV and will never, ever meet. You know what I mean. He's my favorite contestant on any American Idol season (and I was a rabid Clay fan, not that I said "was"). I also love Taylor Hicks, but he sang rather badly tonight. Poor song choice, methinks.

Till next I write! (I nearly typed "nest")

No comments: