Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cosi'

This is a video (a very cheesy video, in my own opinion) from a guy called Vittorio. I love this guy (you know, the Elliot Yamin and Benji Schwimmer kind of love...) and his over-the-top opera/pop songs. Cosi (Yes, I know it's called Bedshaped, but Cosi is a much cuter name) even has cheesy electric guitar worked in. You've just gotta love that. And now I find out the video is some sort of weird parody (tribute?) to To Catch a Theif! Awesome!
I first saw Vittorio on Dancing with the Stars (yes, I watch that show, and don't care what you think of it) when he sang a creepy, creepy song, wearing a black, hooded robe, with a choir decked out in matching robes, while flames were projected on the background and a bunch of professional dancers did some odd choreography. Not the greatest circumstances for me to see a new artist, I grant you. Yet, somehow, I was able to go beyond all the weirdness and hear that this man has an amazing voice.
How surprised was I to discover that Itunes has been recommending that I buy his CD for weeks now, in the "Just for You" feature. I dislike buying music I haven't really heard before... So I hesitated.
Then, yesterday I walked into Barnes and Noble, and his CD is playing throughout the store. I was now, indeed, hooked. So hooked that I paid for a CD at B&N! I could have found it cheaper elsewhere, I know, but I just had to throw caution to the wind. The man, after all, sings like an angel.
In the 24 hours that I've owned this CD, I've played it to Death. Death I tell you! But I can't get enough of it. I think the best songs are Querida (really, just mix in a little Spanish with a song and I think I'm hooked. Example: Josh Groban's Mi Morena), Maria (I've never seen West Side Story, but I almost want to now that I've heard this song) Il Mio Miracolo (which is just as lovely in English as You Are My Miracle, but I prefer him solo to duet, for some reason) and Magia De Amor. The whole CD is great, actually. So is the song If You're Not the One, which isn't on the CD, but is available on Itunes.

Ok, it's nearly 1 am and I shouldn't be rambling on about this guy... but I just wanted anyone who stumbled across my blog to know how much he rocks! (Ok, so I guess guys who sing opera don't technically rock.)

Till Next I Write!

No comments: