Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wow, I met one!

Ok, so, I'm sure that anyone who reads this (assuming that such a person exists out there...) has come across my statements of "I don't date." I hadn't met any other person who wasn't out looking for someone to hook up with before this Sunday. Sure, I've come across them on the internet (Barlow Girl's message board is positively teeming with non-daters [and do excuse me if I feel like some of them are just bandwagon jumpers]), but meeting one in real life, very rare.

Granted, I've known this guy for a couple months, I just didn't know this about him. I still wouldn't have known if another girl who lived in the same town he lived in was his girlfriend, and when this guy said no, Ray (poorly) explained why. (He did it so poorly that I can't remember what he said...) So, this guy explained that he believes that God has a wife picked out for him already, so why should he be dating now?

I'm so glad to see evidence that these people really exist. They're not just figments of my imagination. Nor are they hermits who never leave their computer keyboards... Though I'm beginning to fit that description... Um, moving on.

Yeah, I know I've probably met "plenty" of other people who hold these beliefs. It just doesn't come up in conversation often. Can you imagine just saying hi to a guy and him saying, "Hey, how are ya'? Oh and by the way, I won't ask you out 'cause I don't date." If any guy said that to me I'd look at them like they had 3 heads. The opportunity for saying that sort of thing doesn't pop up in most conversations. I mean, if you just started telling people this, most of the opposite gender are going to get the impression that you thought they were just waiting for you to ask them out, and how conceited can you be, huh?

Ok, my grammar has gone out the door. I'd better stop writing now. I ought to be e-mailing anyway...

Till next I write!

No comments: