Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Merry Christmas, ya'll


Every year when I watch the Charlie Brown Christmas special I nearly cry. I love and adore that special. This year, I found myself saying most of the script under my breath. I was only off on a few words. I usually do that, but I stop as soon as Linus says "Lights please." Then, I sit in enraptured silence as he recites scripture concerning the first Christmas. Then, after we walks back over to Charlie Brown, as soon as he says "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown." my eyes well up. I'm overcome by the beauty of this moment. "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, goodwill toward men." Isn't that wonderful?

I watched It's a Wonderful Life for the first time this year. I know, how terrible that I've lived 23 years without watching that movie. Well, I finally watched it, and I didn't see what's so special about it. Maybe if I had watched it every year since age 3 I would have adored it. Sadly, I didn't. I won't make too much effort to see it from now on.

I'm addicted to hot cocoa now, thanks to Panera and Starbucks. I hope they're happy. (I suppose that as long as I'm paying them for my habit, they're happy.)

Till Next I write!

No comments: