Friday, April 20, 2007

Armitage thoughts


I've seen Richard Armitage in three roles. Each new role has a new hairstyle. The hairstyles have been going downhill.
The first time I saw him was in North and South. Grand miniseries (ha, grand and mini... it's nearly 2 in the morning, cut me some slack) adapted from Elizabeth Gaskells novel. Nothing amazing about his hair, but it looked good on him. Heck, he looked good on his own... but the hair did help. Even when it was covered by that hat, that tall, tall hat. How he didn't hit things with that hat I don't know. Heck, maybe he did, it just wasn't on camera.
Then I started watching Robin Hood. His hair is too long. Guy of Gisborne is also way too evil, and potentially abusive. Yet, he still has his moments of looking good. You know, when I'm not wondering if he's wearing eyeliner. I love heavy eyeliner for myself, but I'm not so sure about guys, let alone guys in period shows.
I've been watching the Impressionists. Fascinating miniseries about my favorite artist(s). I'm finding out a lot of things that will certainly change how I look at their art, but I must admit that the first shot of Young Monet made me wonder "What is on Richard's head? It can't possibly be hair!" Fortunately, by the second episode he's had a haircut, but the beard is growing longer by the second.

I need sleep...