Sunday, July 01, 2007

*squee* inducing


OK, so I saw Ratatouille today and I adored it. What a fab movie! Remy, so cute! Emile, even cuter! Linguini, wanna hug him! The food, want to eat it!
Also, Lifted, the short before it is quite humorous. It was a wonderful lead into the film.
The plot is a little predictable, but it's OK because you get involved with the characters. You know what's going to happen, but you still enjoy watching everyone get there. I can see how some critics think the love story comes out of nowhere, but that's only, I think, because they don't pay attention when we first meet Linguini. It didn't feel tacked on to me. Then again, I'm a slight romantic. I loved the fact that the characters felt like real "people" even if they weren't all human. There were times I wanted to tell Remy, "You look like your dad when your upset."
The atmosphere was amazing. I wanted to hop a flight to Paris.
Now, in describing food, I'll say whether I think Remy would eat it or Emile.
The "acting" for Remy was so good that I didn't notice at times that he'd gone for a good while without actually speaking.
I just adore this movie. It's my favorite Pixar film so far. The way Brad Bird does movies is great. This film's ending isn't fairy tale perfect, though it's far from realistic. Every issue addressed in this film isn't fixed, just like all the problems and issues in life aren't. I think Brad Bird has a way of presenting reality in kid's movies that is true and painfully honest sometimes. For example, in Incredibles, the scene in the cave where the mother tells her kids that the villains aren't playing, they could actually kill them, honest and real. Or again in Incredibles, commenting on how society isn't rewarding people for being special by giving everyone rewards whether they deserve them or not. True, very honest. I like Brad Bird. Go see this movie, NOW! OK, maybe not now, but soon, OK?

In case anybody is wondering who I'm rooting for in So You Think You Can Dance, it's Pasha! Go, Pasha, Go!