Monday, July 30, 2007

New title, somewhat new format


Dear friend,
That's how I'll start my entries now, "dear friend." I suppose I've been watching too much of "The Shop Around the Corner," "In the Good Old Summertime," and "You've Got Mail." If too much of that story is possible, I suppose. It seems such a dear and chummy way to begin a letter, I think, and possibly romantic as well.
Speaking of "that" storyline, which I love so much, I think I've finally seen the movie the "crush at first sight" (perhaps he'll simply be "the crush" from now on) told me about one day. He compared it to YGM, one of his quotable movies. Teacher's Pet, starring Doris Day and Clark Gable, is rather like it, only in reverse. Instead of hating each other in everyday life and loving each other over the mail, they hate over the mail and sort of love in real life. It was a cute movie, not mentally challenging in anyway, like most Doris Day films. I enjoyed it mostly for reminding me of "the crush" as I'm rather sure that is the film he referred to, despite his forgetting both the title and stars of the film. He mentioned journalism, similarity to YGM, and commented on how very much innuendo got into such an old movie. Perhaps he didn't watch many old films, the innuendo didn't surprise me at all, the past isn't as chaste and pure as some seem to remember it being.
Well, we shall see how long "dear friend" lasts, shall we?