Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Out goes July, in comes August


Dear Friend,
How was your month of July? Mine was mostly sacrificial, what with the fast, but ended in a lovely way. Our family got great news from my brother, who is currently living in evidence that hard work and prayer put together really pay off.
I hope your August began better off than ours, though, as we had, withing 24 hours rather frustrating news from him, but not his fault. People can truly be selfish jerks, you know. He will get through this, I know, and we won't let it get us down, now will we? After all, it doesn't change the good news from yesterday.
Today seemed to be the day of the unwanted creatures. This morning the first thing my mom saw outside her window was a snake on the patio. She, unfortunately, doesn't have a very high opinion of snakes. You could almost say she's afraid of them. It only got worse when, as we drove up the driveway returning from errand running, we look over to see my dad flinging a snake out of his workshop, which mom and I enter frequently. It was a case of very bad timing, as Dad didn't want mom to see it, since we all know she'll be wary of entering said shop from now on, and we really need to get things done in there. Only a short time after that, as Mom went to the backyard to feed the birds she let in a butterfly. I've often mentioned (or ranted on if you prefer) my fear of moths, but my hatred of butterflies is equal to it. I may have also mentioned that our cat, Zoe, likes to catch and eat moths. I scurried upstairs to grab the cat, bring her down and point her in the direction of the loathsome insect. She performed her job just as I'd like, including a cute performance of running around the room, looking straight up at the butterfly flapping against the ceiling. The instant it dipped low enough for her to grab, Zoe had it, and as it was too big to eat in one big gulp, she chewed it into pieces. If I didn't love that cat so much I'd think she was disgusting.
Well, friend, I hope the change of the month was as fun and interesting for you as it was for me.