Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fruit salad, yummy yummy


Dear friend,
When you spend an entire week at work do you avoid all work related things for the weekend? I'm guessing quite a few people do. In fact, that was my plan this weekend. As I've mentioned, I work with three year old children. We sing simple (inane) songs, they learn their shapes, they learn their colors, the say yay for the simplest of accomplishments and they consider "chicken nugget" to be either the funniest or most shocking phrase in the English language. I intended to do things much more grown up this weekend, such as read some classic literature, watch a 5 hour miniseries based on classic literature, listen to interesting music that is not based on counting, cleaning, or being a polite well rounded person, or just having conversation with someone who can actually spell "conversation". So when I got out of bed this morning, guess what I ended up doing? I turned on Playhouse Disney and watched The Wiggles.
I'm so odd. I was too old for the Wiggles when they first came on Disney, but I still watched them. I got sucked in the instant I heard the song "Fruit Salad." I almost have to turn on the show for at least a few minutes whenever I see that it's on. Usually, I'm at work when it's on, so it doesn't often happen, but this morning I caught it. I watched almost the whole episode. I kept thinking, "I need more mental stimulation, turn off the TV, ooh, Jeff's asleep again!" Yeah, I know the names, not just the colors... I have no children of my own.

Pray for me.

I remember being so sad to find out that Greg had retired due to health problems and had to be replaced by some guy named Sam. Sam is not my yellow Wiggle, Greg is.
Gah, I need to stop talking about this. I should read some Dickens or one of the Brontes... or go to Youtube and search for some video of Yellow Sam, I've never seen him after all... I need help.
BTW, my favorite Wiggle is Anthony, the blue one.
I'm done!