Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy


Dear Friend,
I've had various topics to write about including, among others, the random stray thought that Peter Petrelli of Heroes would be a good K3 teacher. I simply am too tired to remember the actual reasons I came to that conclusion. I remember something about how the kids would be more inclined to pay attention to a man who could, at any given moment, blow up. He could entertain them by flying, and if they in their inherent clumsiness managed to injure him he could simply heal immediately which would cut down on catching any colds from the dear, germy kids. He was a nurse, he must care about people, and frankly, 3 year olds are some of the easiest people to love and care for. OK, so maybe I remember a few reasons...
I thought this because I watched the entire first season of Heroes in 48 hours. My brother was visiting, he brought the DVDs, he was leaving in 48 hours and it was either finish them then or wait a really, really long time. I chose to marathon so much that I think my brain turned to mush. Maybe that would be my hero ability, I'd be able to function despite severe brain damage. Nah.
Subject change, Sarah McClahlan has one of the most hauntingly beautiful voices ever. Yeah, I know, way to state the obvious. I've just been watching dueSOUTH, one of the most famous (to fans) episodes, Victoria's Secret, which heavily uses Sarah's haunting music. Amazing. Just to mention, as far as haunting sound, I like A Fine Frenzy lately.
OK, have a great weekend, friend,
SLS