Sunday, June 01, 2008

Catching up


Dear Friend,
How've you been the last few days? I've been busy, but it's been the good sort of busy that leads up to a desired end. A very desired end. I can't wait for the end, really. This past Friday was the K3 Celebration at school, and now there are no more classes with the little dears. I'm half relieved and half sad to think that I won't have a hand in molding their young minds anymore. I won't miss the tantrums, the tattling, the yelling, or the crying. I will miss the smiles and laughs and discoveries that mark that age as well. I'll miss the hugs and "Hello Ms. S" and random stories they tell you about themselves. I didn't cry at the goodbyes, and almost feel like an unfeeling jerk because of it. I just don't think I'm cut out for being this sort of teacher, so I don't want to prolong the time.
Two more weeks at the school, I suppose. Then life finally moves on again.
In entertainment news... I'm becoming obsessed with the Itunes commercial for the exclusive song Viva la Vida by Coldplay. If I hear it come on TV I stop what I'm doing watch the commercial. I haven't decided if I'll buy it. I've never listened to Coldplay before. What? Don't look at me like that.
So, how about LOST. So glad that Des and Penny reunited. So sad that Dan and Charlotte said goodbye. Surprised to find that I prefer Kate with Sawyer to Kate and Jack. Dismayed to discover that most of my concern for this show revolves around the relationships. Ha, maybe not. I'm really wishing the next season was coming really, really soon so I can find out what happens to everyone. I wasn't shocked or awed by who was in the coffin. I almost didn't even care. I want to know what's up with Claire. I also want to know what happens to the people in the boat, do they move with the island or are they stranded in the middle of nowhere on the ocean? Otherwise, the finale did well with tying up loose ends of this season. BTW, Penny can't die. I'd cry for days. Or not, but I wouldn't be happy.
Watched Cranford (DVR'ed from PBS) today. It felt like it went on forever and wasn't about anything in particular. It was good, and sweet, but slightly boring. It was like real life, a bunch of small happenings to a large group of people. I won't buy it, or watch it again soon. I like Gaskell, usually, though I haven't read any of her books. Wives and Daughters was about Molly Gibson, North and South was about Margaret Hale and John Thornton, but Cranford was about everybody.

I guess that's it friend,
See you next time.