Sunday, June 08, 2008

Cliffs are for climbing. That's why God gave us grappling hooks


Dear Friend,
Tomorrow, if I play my cards right, could be my last day of work at the school. I've been thinking over what I'd like to do in the short amount of time that I plan on being between jobs. I have more hopes than time (I assume, since I don't actually know when my "break" will be over) but I like listing things. Here are a few things I'd like to accomplish this summer.

1. Pick up piano again
2. Learn to play guitar
3. Finish unpacking those boxes of stuff that belongs in my room.
4. Paint the ugly trim in my room
5. Learn to make amigurumi dolls
6. Make a felt "Much" doll, maybe
7. Make custom pillows for the daybed
8. Make a pineapple upside down cake
9. Acquire a few t-shirts and then make them into new, cool things
10. Try painting with watercolors
11. Make some clothes
12. Make it out to the new C28 store
13. Eat at the new Noodles n' Company restaurant near here
14. Lose a few inches around my tummy (can't think in lbs. since I don't know what I weigh
15. Cut a fringe (or bangs for people here in the US)
16. Read Frankenstein
17. Read Persuasion
18. Beat Mario Kart Wii
19. Acquire every character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
20. Illustrate that book by my Dad's co-worker
21. Rearrange my cork board
22. Go to the Smithsonian
23. Decorate cake with Fondant
24. Re-watch the entire (so far) series of LOST
25. Go to Colorado for a visit (maybe)

I'll stop at 25 things, but I'm sure if I sat here and thought for long enough I'd come up with quite a few more.
Hoping that your summer is filled with relaxing and energizing plans!