Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday? Today? Really?

Dear Friend,
Twenty (something) years ago today I was born.  That, apparently, is a reason to celebrate. As usual, the uncontrollable act of growing a year older has left me thinking over my past, present and future.  Perhaps someday I will pass the twenty-sixth day of the year without becoming so pensive, though this year isn't the year that it will occur.

I actually celebrated on Monday, since the weather forecast for today was not compatible with a grand day out.  My mum and I went shopping, to many of my favorite stores, and ate lunch at my favorite restaurant, Noodles and Company.  It was a pleasant day, with a lot of laughs and resulted in my acquiring a new pair of boots.

As for today, it has been a lazy day, a rainy day, a calm and pleasant day.  Thanks to Netflix I was able to try a new television series, The Murdoch Mysteries.  It was fun to watch, fulfilling many of the little categories that indicate an interesting show for me; Canadian, period setting and solving mysteries.

It seems to be my parents have established a tradition for my birthday, buying me Breyer model horses.  This year I received the models made for the World Equestrian games and the 60th Anniversary of Breyer.  They're both very pretty, very dramatic sculptures that I think will compliment my extensive collection nicely.

Well, last year I wrote about feeling like I was on the edge of a big change.  Considering I'm writing this entry in almost exactly the same circumstances as I was when I wrote that one, it would seem I was wrong.  There are two ways to react to this, with frustration or with hope.  I will choose the latter.  Though I no longer feel that a big change is waiting just around the corner, I do know that God has a plan for me, and as long as I'm living my life for Him, I know I'm living for something.

I'm off to watch the original Ocean's 11, which I've never seen before.

Another birthday, I look forward to many more.

No comments: