Saturday, January 20, 2007

Maybe it was the hat


The other night, I went with my parents to a buffet. I had already had my own dinner, but I figured I could get dessert, and maybe a salad. (Perhaps this sort of thing could explain why my pants aren't quite fitting the way I remember... naw, they just shrunk in the dryer) Anyway, I had half a plate of salad, and a "slice" of a big cookie, and then we were all done my mom glanced at the receipt and discovered that they cashier, when we first walked in, had assumed I qualified for the children's price. That cashier thought that I looked like I was younger than 12 years old! I am one week away from my 20 (something)th birthday and this woman thought I was 12! This is ridiculous! Do I exude some sort of aura of immaturity? Did I stop aging as a teenager? Was it the hat I was wearing? It must have been the hat.

I'm sure when I'm "old" I'll be flattered if someone thinks I'm 10 years or so younger than I am. But right now, it's just really weird.




I am sad to report that yesterday we became a one cat family. Still sad about that.

No comments: