Sunday, March 29, 2009

"But most of all I wish that I was someone else but me"

Dear Friend,
Don't take that title too seriously. I've been having a rough time. Friday, I had my laptop at the library for the free wi-fi (since downloading a large amount slows our home's Internet down to a crawl) and something went "boink." Yeah, first I lost all of my podcasts from itunes then when I tried to type everything was coming out backwards and when I tried to restart the blue screen of death came up, telling me it needed to check a disk or some other such. I didn't, because something seemed to go wrong with that. So when I finally got back to what I was doing, guess what! Every last thing in my itunes library was gone. Yes, GONE! My Dad and I were going through my backup files, since I'd saved them all to back up back in December when I had everything wiped out with a virus. We couldn't find them for a long time, and I ended up getting so frustrated I cried. Yeah, I was crying in the library, such fun.
Thank God, we finally found them. The not so good thing is that I need to organize them all into play lists again. I have something like 2,000 tracks to organize. I hated doing it last time, but I'll have to do it again.
I went out and bought an external hard drive, just so I wouldn't panic if this ever happened again, but as they say "Act in haste, repent at leisure." I hate the program this hard drive came with. I know I can get something else, but I'm a bit of a dunce at computers and I'm dead sick of asking my Dad to fix everything. I probably won't be online as much for a few days, just because I'm sick of working on this problem.

Hey, anyone know about this virus that's supposed to pop up on April 1st? I think if I have another problem on this laptop I may scream. I've been ready to just chuck Victoria (that's the laptop's name, remember) out of a window for the past 3 days. The only thing that stops me is the fact that I just bought a tablet that I love using, even if I am stumbling my way through it. If I have to deal with another virus I don't know what I'll do. I've run sweeps with Malware Bytes and Webroot, but I'm not sure if that would cover it.

I'm off, to pray and remind myself that this is just "stuff" and "things" and not the important parts of life.

No comments: