Friday, March 20, 2009

Do you hear me talking to you?

Dear Friend,
I'm in mania about Muppets. Yeah, I've been watching all sorts of Muppet related stuff. It has led to the strangest thing, though, I read Labyrinth fan fiction. I don't remember ever watching the entire movie, but I read some fic. Nothing I'd recommend. I don't tend to find Jareth "dreamy," instead I find him quite creepy. Most fans of that film... well, they disagree with me.
I've tried before to get into fan fiction, but it just doesn't stick with me. Even the best written story eventually loses my interest. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a short attention span.
Anyway, the muppets. I just love the music they used on the Muppet show. It was all so weird and funny and sweet. I've had Jamboree stuck in my head for over a week, I think. Other favorites would be You and I and George and Cottleston Pie. I really enjoyed the Roger Miller episode, because that dude had some weird songs. I was also tickled to recognize the voice of Alan a'Dale from Disney's Robin Hood. I always loved that voice. I've always liked what I guess would be classed as novelty songs. The muppets had a good mix of "real" good music and just plain fun.
Did anyone else notice that the opening of the Muppet Show was on this week's LOST? I was pretty distracted by that. I don't remember what else was on the screens during that scene. I probably should have paid better attention.

I'm going to try to do something with my Livejournal account. I gave up the Deviant Art. I was far too needy for that. I'll find other ways to share my art that aren't as prone to popularity contest-ism. I don't need another way to get obsessed with who isn't talking to me. I've started using my Twitter a little more often. I've got that locked so the pervs can't read my oh-so silly thoughts.

I bought some super cool, too dang expensive art markers. I've used them a bit, but I'm still practicing. I'm glad I had a half-off coupon. Discounts rock.

No comments: