Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A lonely dreamer

Dear friend,
I had a Top Gear dream. Yeah, weird, I know. What happened in this dream was I found myself in a very large arena or something like that, which was beginning to be filled with people who were going to attend some function. I was there alone, and simply sat in an empty area and people watched. The place was very, very grey. It was rather industrial looking, wide and shallow. The seating was rather like very steep bleachers, but you couldn't see under the seats. As more people filter in, I look to my right and see Jeremy Clarkson, James May, Richard Hammond and the Stig. I immediately abandon my seat and walk over to them. I walk past Jeremy, because apparently even in my dreams I dislike the man, and I also bypass the Stig, though I don't know that I'd do that in real life. James May had just walked off to talk to someone else so I stopped in front of Richard Hammond. He, unfortunately, was talking to someone else, and I stood awkwardly nearby waiting for my chance. (I hate when I act in dreams the way I would in life, I hate standing nearby awkwardly, and if my brain is making up the scenario I'd prefer if I didn't do that) As soon as he saw me, Richard said hello, in a tone that was mildly surprised and annoyed at the same time. He still offered to shake my hand, though, and smiled at me. At this point in the dream I realized that I was taller than Richard Hammond. Now, I know the man is small, but I my subconscious must really think he's itty-bitty. I've been trying to find his height at a few sites today, but haven't found it yet. On with the dream, though, I don't remember my small talk with Richard, because I was so distracted by how small he was, but when we finished talking James walked back and shook my hand, too. James seemed tall, and poorly dressed, which is exactly what I expect him to be in real life.
One thing this dream made me realize is that I expect people who meet me to be rather annoyed at my presence. I go through phases like this, and they almost always result in dreams where I meet people and they don't give two figs about me. This brings me to the lonely part of my entry title. I miss making friends. I've lived here in VA long enough that I ought to have a local friend, but I don't. Maybe if I could have found a church I could have made friends, but I just haven't made that connection.
I probably shouldn't have made a deviant art account yesterday. In the mood I'm in, I'll end up turning into a "Love me, love my art, be my FRIEND!!!!" monster, but I'll refrain. *sigh*
I'll stop being so emo now.
OK I love you bye-bye!

P.S. Today's my cat Zoe's 6TH birthday, and tomorrow is Rob Paulsen's 53RD birthday. Sing the birthday song now!

No comments: