Friday, October 01, 2004

Hair color and old friends

Saw a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in, oh, probably a few months. She took me by surprise, too. I was just walking down the hallway to work, weaving my way through students finishing for the day, when I look into the 2nd year room and there she is!
For not seeing each other for so long it sure was hard to think of things to talk about... except my new hair color. It's red! I got it dyed last night, and it's much lighter than I expected. Fortunately for my self-esteem, comments were positive.
Some reactions were downright funny, got one "Oh wow!" and a double take. My boss actually said, "This looks cool, did you get it done last night?" I suppose I could have gotten it done the morning before I showed at work, but it still seemed a strange question. She might have just been making small talk.
Apparently my friend and I are going to my church's youth group this saturday. I'm way too old for youth group, and I don't enjoy being in a crowd of strange (as in I don't know them, not as in weird, though as far as I can tell, they aren't exactly normal) teenagers. I didn't like most teenagers when I was one, yet all my current close friends are teenagers. I know a few acquantances who are Twenty-somethings, but somehow on a one-on-one level, I like teens. Just keep me from groups of them.
To be perfectly honest, I don't like groups of any age group. I'm just not one for crowds I guess.
I need to get a car, I also need to start driving. If I drove, my mom wouldn't need to cart me around like a 15 year old anymore.
Just a little more $$$ and I can buy my "dream car"

No comments: