Friday, October 08, 2004

I hate that radio station

At work, we listen to a radio station that plays Contemporary Christian Music. I hate CCM. In a broad sense, that is. I don't know, it's like this station gets all the moronic, mind-numbing CCM that has little to no basis in scripture, sung by the people who can't sing. There are a few good songs, by people I actually like, like Jeremy Camp or some Newsboys songs, but on the whole, it's horrible.
If I hear "Beauty of Simplicity" one more time, I may just growl.
Thankfully, it's now the weekend. I can listen to whatever I want. Currently listening to Jadon Lavik, who ,frankly, is borderline bad. Actually, I don't like most of his songs, but "Saved by Grace" is good.
Thanks to Itunes, I can switch from Christian, to Jazz or Rock or whatever.
I may be a born-again Christian, but that doesn't mean I have to like CCM. It also doesn't mean I need to listen to nothing but Hymns. I do know some people who feel they shouldn't listen to secular. That's fine for them if that's what God wants for them. God hasn't told me to dump all my jazz and pop. If He did, I would. That's what being saved is about, a personal relationship with God, not rules and regulations that encompass an entire body of people. Sure, there are things that aren't ok for anyone to do, like adultery and gossip etc. But secular music, in my mind, isn't one of them.

In other news... I didn't go to youth group last week. A few friends dropped by, so we hung out at my house and played video games. Very cool.

Till next I write.

No comments: