Thursday, October 28, 2004

Being sick really sucks

Being sick especially sucks when you're supposed to go into work early and get a big project done before your friday deadline. If I hadn't been awake at 2 am throwing up, and still up (not up again, but still up) at 6 am I would have been at work.

I'm such a baby, too. I cried that I couldn't go to work today. Twice. I wasn't crying that I was in extreme pain and discomfort, I was crying that I couldn't assemble and pack products for a conference.

I slept most of the day, since I didn't get sleep last night, obviously. I watched "Lost" and am a little confused about it, but it's too interesting a show to give up on. And regarding the preview, did anyone really think Charlie would just give up the drugs since he'd gotten his guitar? Someone's love for music can be really strong, but more than their dependence on drugs? Come on! (Oh, and I somehow knew she could speak English as soon as the episode started. I never thought of it before, but as soon as I saw her at the beginning of the episode, I knew.)

Currently listening to some different Christian music. Was listening to clips from Jeremy Camp's upcoming CD (call me obsessed if you like, I already know it.) Now listening to some group called Seven Places. Never heard of them before, don't know if I like them, and found out that my library doesn't have anything with them on it. Don't know how I'll hear anything of them, since I'm too cheap to buy CDs when I haven't heard at least 5 songs that I like at least three of off a single CD.

Am I trying to fit in with a crowd again? I'm listening to "rock Christian" music. Know what I listen to in secular? Jazz stuff. Or whatever you call Michael Buble' and Peter Cincotti. Or sometimes pop, not much, but some. Am I trying to fit someone else's mold again? That's what I was trying to do when I listened to Gospel music. Sure, it's good music, but I don't listen to it all that much. I don't know, I think I'm some bizarre chameleon or something.

Whatever, I'm just gonna cruise I tunes for awhile. Have some cash to spend .99 at a time.

On a side note, I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't see a certain event coming, at all. (I'd never have paired those two, but hey, I'm pretty dense about relationship stuff anyway.)

Till next I write.

No comments: